Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This photo was taken in Manjo, the town where I will be working over the next two years. While there visiting last month I was invited to the ceremony for the new mayor and got to see my first traditional dance with the chiefs of the surrounding villages. The man dressed in red and black is one of the village chiefs.
My host mom and I on my birthday wearing the new outfit that she sewed for me. She was quite proud that I looked like a vraie Cameroonaise wearing the traditional pagne and fular.


Mon petit frere Luic helping prepare dinner in our backyard.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for pictures!! Ashley, you look great in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go with you...You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley...I admire your dedication, strength and determination. You are certainly on my mind as you travel to new destinations and serve those in need. What a blessing you are. Keep smiling that awesome friendly smile of yours. Everyone loves you. I pray for safety and good health too!! Hugs from afar...Linda and all the Hirt Fam

    ReplyDelete